All articles listed below were either written or
compiled by Connie.
- The Reality of Pelvic Floor Damage
- Does caesarean section protect the pelvic floor? Learn the reality
of pelvic floor damage.
- Artificial Oxytocin Induction
- Please refer to this article on the reality of artificial induction before using our Induction Methods
- The exciting "How To" guide for our Belly Masking Kits. A wonderful art project
to honour pregnancy.
Birth Ball Uses and Care
- Our much requested article on the care and uses of a Birth Ball.
- Birth Plans
- An important aspect of birth, a birth plan not only explains to your caregiver, the staff and your doula what your wishes are, it helps you to define and prepare for what you want from your birth.
- An incredibly unique yet traditional way to
Lots of neat ideas for Blessing Way Ceremonies including
- Baby Is Breech, Now What?
- The questions surrounding a breech presentation and the many ways to turn a breech
- Labourade Recipe
- An excellent refreshment for before and during
labour to keep your client well hydrated, fatigue
levels down and contractions effective.
- Natural Induction Methods
- Our second most requested article. Please
heed the caution on induction methods, as
induction should only be looked at as a last
resort, not an easy way to predict birth dates or
ease pregnancy discomforts.
- Posterior Positions: Signs and Symptoms
- Compiled through many birth professionals ideas,
articles and experiences.
- Postpartum Essentials
- What you need for after baby's birth.
- Currently popular pushing positions can impede or even stop progress
of descent of baby. Learn more to avoid prolonged labour or a cesarean
birth for the often used "catch-all" terms of Failure to
Progress or Cephalo-Pelvic Disproportion.
- Whether finding a good caregiver, researching the perfect birthplace
or looking for a doula or childbirth educator, start with these great
Equality? Women's Rights Today
- Our foremothers fought hard for equality 100 years ago. We have
gained so much in many areas, but what about birth?