- The Reality of Pelvic Floor Damage
- Does caesarean section protect the pelvic floor? Learn the reality
of pelvic floor damage.
- A wonderful collection of positive affirmations to use during
pregnancy and birth.
- Artificial Oxytocin Induction
- Please refer to this article on the reality of artificial induction
before using our Induction Methods idea's.
- The exciting "How To" guide on our much requested Belly
Casting Kits. A wonderful art project which honours pregnancy.
Education: What are the Options?
- A synopsis of the certification programs available. An excellent
introduction for both expectant parents and women wanting to become
- Confused by the plethora of childbirth methods available today?
Here are the basic premises of each method and the history behind
- An addition to both Affirmations and Birth Quotes for Christian
parents and caregivers.
Birth Ball Uses and Care
- Our much requested article on the care and uses of a Birth Ball.
- Birth Plans
- An important aspect of birth, a birth plan not only explains to your
caregiver, the staff and your doula what your wishes are, it helps you
to define and prepare for what you want from your birth.
Birth Quotes -
- Quotes and poems about and pertaining to pregnancy and birth.
- An incredibly unique yet traditional way to celebrate pregnancy.
Lots of neat ideas for Blessing Way Ceremonies including Christian
Breech Babies; Baby Is Breech, Now What?
- The questions surrounding a breech presentation and the many ways to
turn a breech baby.
- Confused by what doula support actually entails? Here are ten
points correcting the sometimes common myths surrounding doula
- The debate continues concerning vaginal birth vs. elective
cesareans. Check here for accurate and in-depth information on the
debates as well as the documented benefits, and risks surrounding this
Labour & Birth Cheat Sheet
- These are the basic homeopathic remedies used during labour and
their indications. An invaluable resource during my own labour!
- Are you facing an induction and would like more information? We
receive daily requests regarding information on induction, here are
- Labourade Recipe
- An excellent refreshment for before and during labour to keep your
client well hydrated, fatigue levels down and contractions effective.
- Natural Induction Methods
- Our second most requested article. Please heed the caution on
induction methods, as induction should only be looked at as a last
resort, not an easy way to predict birth dates or ease pregnancy
- Posterior Presentation - A Pain in the Back!
- An excellent article written by renowned midwife Valerie el Halta on
posterior babies and how to turn them anterior for faster, easier
- Posterior Positioning - Signs and Symptoms
- Compiled through many birth professionals ideas, articles and
- Postpartum Essentials
- What you need for after baby's birth.
- Currently popular pushing positions can impede or even stop progress
of descent of baby. Learn more to avoid prolonged labour or a cesarean
birth for the often used "catch-all" terms of Failure to
Progress or Cephalo-Pelvic Disproportion.
- Preparing for Birth
- An excellent starting place outlining the basic choices of birth
place, caregiver and more that need to be made for a positive birth
- Whether finding a good caregiver, researching the perfect birthplace
or looking for a doula or childbirth educator, start with these great
- We have brought you several herbal recipes as well as nutritious
recipes for during the busy times of pregnancy and after baby is
born. Check back as we continue to add to our list.
Recovering from a Cesarean Birth
- Cesarean birth is major abdominal surgery. Here you will find ideas
for both physical and emotional healing while caring for your newborn.
Compliments of ICAN.
Equality? Women's Rights Today
- Our foremothers fought hard for equality 100 years ago. We have
gained so much in many areas, but what about birth?
- VBAC Safety
- Is VBAC safe? Learn more about the current controversy and the facts
- VBAC Checklist
- As recommended by the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN),
these guidelines can help insure that your birth experience is as
healthy and positive as possible.
- Still a work in progress, but will soon have many great ideas for
- Birth Music Ideas
- Although each woman is unique in her preferences, this is a list of
the most requested music for birth.
- Cesarean Facts
- We will soon be posting information on cesarean issues,
- prevention and VBAC. Please check the information currently
available on cesareans under the Elective Cesarean section.
- Cord Blood Banking
- A new option in childbirth with great benefits.